front rotor bolt size yz426

9 replies to this topic
  • gbalias

Posted May 02, 2009 - 04:07 PM

whats the specs on the front rotor bolts?

m6?

thread pitch?

thanks

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2009 - 04:44 PM

They are a M6x1.0 thread, but the stock rotor has countersunk holes for the bolts, so they require a tapered clamping face. You're probably not running the stock rotor, eh?

OEM PN = 90149-06327-00

• gbalias

Posted May 02, 2009 - 11:09 PM

You're probably not running the stock rotor, eh?

OEM PN = 90149-06327-00

nope..

Posted Image

i wanna get some stainless hardware since you gotta loosen the rotor to remove the caliper. im gonna get it all from mcmaster or something.

thanks gray!

• dacon1

Posted May 03, 2009 - 01:01 AM

That looks like a EBC 320mm ?? I had them on my motard, enough to shove my nuts square into my gas tank. I learned quick the capabilities of that, even with a stock caliper / master.

And you can actually remove the wheel from the front without losening the caliper, good chance of scratching the rim / rotor, but you can :excuseme:

• gbalias

Posted May 03, 2009 - 10:14 AM

ya. its the EBC.

i was over braking my 310mm set up. so i went a lil bigger. ive also got a YFZ master to go on next. but im gonna do it in stages at the track to see where im most comfortable/fast. its a pain to remove the wheel without loosening the brake components. id rather just do that anyways. sometimes 5 minutes on one thing saves 15 on another.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pscook

Posted May 04, 2009 - 05:51 AM

Another option is to remove the inner brake pad when removing the wheel. Removing the rotor with the wheel installed seems more complicated than pulling a pad, plus there's a better chance of gumming up the bolts since you have not so good access to the rotor when it's installed.

• gbalias

Posted May 04, 2009 - 10:42 AM

then theres no room to ge tthe pad in. the rotor is a lot thicker than stock. i guess if the pads were almost done, but theyre not.

trust me,.....ive tried every rubiks cube configuration. hehe

i have to loosen the rotor, slide the caliper over it, then tighten the rotor, then tighten the caliper.

• pscook

Posted May 06, 2009 - 01:32 PM

then theres no room to ge tthe pad in. the rotor is a lot thicker than stock. i guess if the pads were almost done, but theyre not.

trust me,.....ive tried every rubiks cube configuration. hehe

i have to loosen the rotor, slide the caliper over it, then tighten the rotor, then tighten the caliper.

That's odd, as it is the way that I put my wheel on. If the pad doesn't fit, how do you put the caliper over the rotor with the pads installed? How do you install new pads?

I drop the pad, remove the wheel, then when I install the wheel I slip the pad in when I'm all done. Done it a dozen times. As long as you don't touch the brake lever you will be fine. I can't see how the brakes would work if there is no room for the pad to begin with. I have an EBC rotor with EBC HH pads, not that it makes any difference.

I could not imagine how to put a 16.5" front wheel on a Yamaha, given that it is so difficult to install a simple 17" wheel.

• Ztard

Posted May 06, 2009 - 03:15 PM

That's odd, as it is the way that I put my wheel on. If the pad doesn't fit, how do you put the caliper over the rotor with the pads installed? How do you install new pads?

I drop the pad, remove the wheel, then when I install the wheel I slip the pad in when I'm all done. Done it a dozen times. As long as you don't touch the brake lever you will be fine. I can't see how the brakes would work if there is no room for the pad to begin with. I have an EBC rotor with EBC HH pads, not that it makes any difference.

I could not imagine how to put a 16.5" front wheel on a Yamaha, given that it is so difficult to install a simple 17" wheel.

+1 remove the inner pad, I have the same set up with no issues:thumbsup:

• gbalias

Posted May 06, 2009 - 05:58 PM

i loosen the rotor, then slide the whole caliper off, then remove the pads.

i dont think i can slip the inner pad outta the caliper with the caliper and rotor mounted up...ill have to double check.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.