5 replies to this topic

Posted February 16, 2001 - 09:14 AM

hey all ,,since picking my wr up i have noticed some drips of pink looking fluid coming out of the big breather hose infront of the gear lever ,,its only 3-4 drops just after i turn her off ,,,,i'm sure i read about this before but a search found nothing ,,can anyone shed some light on this
thanks ,,,,adam

• ButtonFly

Posted February 16, 2001 - 10:08 PM

Going out on a limb here. What are you running oilwise in the gearbox? It better not be ATF. The big hose is the crankcase breather. What year is your WR?

• Boit

Posted February 16, 2001 - 06:14 PM

Does the oil you run in your engine have a redish color? If it is, then that pinkish dishcharge is perfectly normal. My oil is amber and discharges a few whitish milky looking drops sometimes. Without going into detail why this occurs, it's basically a result of a little bit of moisture mixing in with the hot oil vapors that are vented via that big line.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted February 16, 2001 - 06:22 PM

yup, I reckon your breather hose is bound to puke some.
Check the reroute entries, you are warned...

Posted February 17, 2001 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the responses guys ,,yes its a 99 wr and yes the oil is red in colour at least now i can get on with enjoying the beast!
thanks again

• bonez34

Posted February 18, 2001 - 06:55 PM

make sure you are using 4-stroke oil and NOT 2-stroke gearbox oil, i know the honda 2-stroke oil is red in color.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.