• bayou450

Posted March 06, 2003 - 06:50 AM

Is this normal? Bike has 1 mile on it.

Thanks for any help,
Bayou450

Bone Stock!

• MOmilkman

Posted March 06, 2003 - 06:52 AM

very normal. every bike does it when idleing.

• bayou450

Posted March 06, 2003 - 07:01 AM

Whew! Thanks!! :)

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 06, 2003 - 08:58 AM

Read this post.

http://www.thumperta...rt=1#Post493749

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tctrailrider

Posted March 06, 2003 - 10:07 AM

Bayou,
Its part of the Survival Kit. If you get lost and have to spend the night it doubles as a fire starter. You can cauderize wounds, cook bacon and lots of other neat things.

• Richard56

Posted March 07, 2003 - 05:10 AM

A lot of people also asked the same question... you might want to check the archieve if you are still feeling uncertain... but rest assured, it is very normal... :)

• bayou450

Posted March 07, 2003 - 05:54 AM

Thanks all, I let it rip yesterday. Bone stock it is awesome, I can only imagine it after the mods. This is a great site, keep it up!

Bayou

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 07, 2003 - 07:49 AM

not meant as a flame to anyone, just my 2 cents worth. Heat destroys an engine faster than anything else, if your exhaust is cherry red, especially next to the cylinder you are doing damage to your motor. It is unecessary, all you have to do is richen up the idle a little and it all goes away.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.