decompression arm is leaking, how to block off.

7 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted May 01, 2009 - 08:12 AM

I dont need my decompression anymore since i got outo decomp cams, how do i block off the hole where the arm comes through? makes valve adjustment hard, and leaks a bunch of oil!

• Birdy426

Posted May 01, 2009 - 10:00 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

• bluebreadtruck

Posted May 02, 2009 - 09:35 AM

thank you sir.

Anyone know where those can be found not on ebay? thanks

• byggd

Posted May 02, 2009 - 03:22 PM

thank you sir.

Anyone know where those can be found not on ebay? thanks

The thumper talk store! Where ever you buy it from take care when installing the retaining bolt. A bit too much mojo and the threads will pull out!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tcmII

Posted May 02, 2009 - 05:57 PM

I left the lever in with the auto cam. If was free.

• bluebreadtruck

Posted May 03, 2009 - 02:04 PM

The thumper talk store! Where ever you buy it from take care when installing the retaining bolt. A bit too much mojo and the threads will pull out!

Indeed, i allready did this. Looks like i will have to helicoil the bolt, to even get the plug to stay in....figures...

• maxtherat

Posted May 06, 2009 - 09:56 AM

A cheaper route is to by the rubber plug from Yamaha. 03-05 wr uses same hear casting as older 426's. The aluminum plug is much more reliable though. Rubber plug can come out if hose from valve cover is kinked.

• DrBosa

Posted May 07, 2009 - 09:58 AM

Or it can come out anyway, like mine did. Alu plugs are probably best, but rubber plug works too. However, use motor silicone to get it to stick. Or drill a hole through a small metal sheet, bend it 90 degrees and mount it using the screw (on the bike's right side if the decomp hole). This will protect the plug from blowing out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.