wet yzf

5 replies to this topic
  • onthemain

Posted May 01, 2009 - 05:20 AM

Okay I have an 08 YZF 450 . I was riding it the other day and went through a large puddle got very wet but it ran fine for 20 mins after that . when I got home I drained the oil and put in a new air filter (yes it was wet). I also pulled the spark plug and cycled the motor to remove any water that may have been sucked in

Now the problem when I started it the next day it was super hard to kick and when it does start it idles very high like the throttle is 1/4 open

I have looked at the throttle cable it's good any ideas or directions would be great

• davcon

Posted May 01, 2009 - 05:28 AM

Probably gunk in the carb. Did you get a chance to pull the airfilter and look in the intake?

• wondermuscle

Posted May 01, 2009 - 10:09 AM

Plugged pilot jet/circuit...... Remove it and clean it and spray some carb cleaner into the mating hole. It will probaby run fine after that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • onthemain

Posted May 01, 2009 - 10:10 AM

why would that make it hard to kick?

• rexbond007

Posted May 01, 2009 - 10:19 AM

water in the pipe?
is it acting like a bung is in the tail pipe when you kick it

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hard to kick can be a symptom of the exhaust cam having skipped time. Check it, and the condition of the chain and tensioner. Some of the '08's had trouble with weak tensioners and kinked chains.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.