First Ride

5 replies to this topic
  • shovelhead1

Posted April 29, 2009 - 08:52 PM

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

• 426 NOOB

Posted April 29, 2009 - 08:57 PM

Brought my 01 yz426 home a week ago. First rattle out of the bag fouled the plug. Just got a new plug this morning. Installed plug, air filter, changed oil and filter. Fired off on first kick and idled very smooth. Now I know it's nothing new to you guys who have this bike but, Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

I have an 01 as well and I wouldnt get rid of mine for the world. Even if I bought a newer 450 I wouldnt get rid of it. Just too much of a powerhouse and have too many good memories with it. Just remember to keep the fresh and she will go forever.

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2009 - 06:00 AM

Holy Crap, this thing has loads of power ! I've never had a bike that would wheelie in 4th gear.

Oh, yeah. I was going to mention that. :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • shovelhead1

Posted April 30, 2009 - 12:10 PM

I had read posts talking about how strong they ran etc.... And I thought yea, bla bla bla whatever. But I must say they are correct. I am impressed to say the least.
Looks like this summer is going to be lots of fun.

• keegan1014

Posted April 30, 2009 - 05:00 PM

I have one too
do the 450s make more power if so, thats crazy

• shovelhead1

Posted April 30, 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hell, I'll never be able to get the full potential of this bikes power. I can't imagine needing or having morem power.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.