7 replies to this topic
  • stevo

Posted February 16, 2001 - 09:11 AM

I just picked up a wr426 and wanted to get an exhaust system for it. Any recomendations. I really like the looks of the whitebros. r4 muffler

• Michael

Posted February 16, 2001 - 10:09 PM

I have an R4 and really like it. I don't care that much for the supertrap type designs. The R4 is loud....there may be better choices if sound is a concern.

• Bill

Posted February 16, 2001 - 01:53 PM

I have the White Bros E-Series. This is the "supertrap" type. The benefit here, is that you can adjust the loudness. I run with 12 discs, which is optimum for performance, but very loud, louder than a stock YZf. I like loud though :)

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• motoman393

Posted February 17, 2001 - 06:47 PM

I too have a white bros R4 and love it...to make a long story short...we dynoed the R4 pipe verses the e series and the R4 won hands down on a 01 YZ426! It also is louder than the e series but loud is good when you are going through lapped riders in a race hehe!

P.S. I think the 4 strokes piss the 2 smokers off just a little bit :)

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!
Friendswood, TX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joecallan

Posted February 18, 2001 - 03:59 PM

anyone know how may decibles the R4 puts out?.. I can't be too loud on the street.

• headhunter622

Posted February 28, 2008 - 10:49 PM

has anyone tried a stock yz exhaust on a 2000 WR 400. And also know what years are the same as the 2000 WR???

• maxtherat

Posted February 29, 2008 - 09:39 AM

A 99 zy should be the same as a 2000 wr. I use the FMF Q on mine. It's a bit long, probably very slight performance loss comparred to the others, but it's certainly the most quiet of the bunch. Also, in some past posts there has been discussion that an exhaust from a 03-06 wr will fit a 02 and older wr. Frostbite confirmed this. I tried a DMC exhaust from my friends, brother's bike(06 wr) and it fit pretty well, but the mid pipe was really close to the bottom of the shock reservoir. I think this may be because the silence was just built that way. My friend said that it was really close on his bros. bike as well. Bolt holes did line up though.I would love to put a fmf q4 on my bike if I knew for certain that it would fit. I need to experiment with a cheap, stock 03-06 wr silencer.

• surfer

Posted February 29, 2008 - 05:55 PM

If you need to be quiet the q4 is good and if you put a power or mega bomb with it you gain back the hp.:smirk:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.