Missing bolt in chain slider

3 replies to this topic
  • crotchrocket

Posted August 27, 2002 - 12:24 PM

Has anyone had and trouble with the '02 WR chain slider bolts? On top of the swingarm, where the last bolt goes through chain slider (rub plate), the hole drilled in the swingarm stripped out! I haven't over-tightened before,and the other ones are fine. This was clearly a defect in workmanship! Any ideas on fixing it? I would like to stick with a 4 mm bolt, but I don't know if i can because I am going to have to tap the swingarm I think.

• sabin

Posted August 27, 2002 - 12:56 PM

There is a thread repairing solution from loctite. It's called Form-a-thread. I havn't tested it, buy I got one today and I will test it tomotow as my chain slider upper back bolt is stripped out also.

http://www.loctite.c...hreadrepair.htm

Sabin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • d_criss

Posted August 27, 2002 - 01:09 PM

We lost both bolts and the upside-down tophat looking washer/spacer on my sons yz80. The kicker was that the tophats were $11.00 each!!!! Of course you cant get them anywhere except from Yamaha. The bolts were like 48 cents. I make sure they get lots of Locktite now!

• John_H

Posted August 27, 2002 - 02:31 PM

Originally posted by d_criss:
The kicker was that the tophats were $11.00 each!!!!

I bought one at Bobby J's here in albuquerque. Was only about $2.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.