need a couple pics of the2.6 clark tank on the yz

42 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:28 AM

hey guys i did a search and i came up with a lot of info but the threads were to old to let me see the pictures ( at least on my computer) so can somebody post a pic of the clark 2.6 gal tank on the yz 450 06 and up please..

i had the clark 3.1 gal tank and the top of it was way to high for my liking.. i had the ims tank on my bike but im thinking the 2.6 would work the same and be a little lighter.

thanks guys

• davidrussell41

Posted April 28, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I will get some tomarrow for you just put one on my 06 last wed.

• Smokeslider

Posted April 28, 2009 - 03:41 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doesn't really get in my way

Also, I'm running the tall seat which may make the tank look smaller than it actually is.

• ThumperKid250F

Posted April 28, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Doesn't really get in my way

Also, I'm running the tall seat which may make the tank look smaller than it actually is.

is that the 2.6 gal tank you got there, if it is how many miles can you get out of it?
i got the tall seat too, is it a good fit with the shourds?

• Smokeslider

Posted April 28, 2009 - 06:07 PM

that is the 2.6. I didn't notice too many problems with the shrouds, you just have to start all of the threads before you tighten any of them down. I've never ran it close to dry, I bought it to make sure I could make it 50 miles for racing, and I've never had a problem with that.

• Smokeslider

Posted April 28, 2009 - 06:10 PM

http://www.thumperta....d.php?t=665688

http://www.thumperta....d.php?t=441728

try these threads out as well, grayracer has some good input

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2009 - 08:43 PM

When copying links, you cannot copy the displayed text of the link if it contains "..." and have it work.

Right click (or control + click) on the link and select "copy shortcut" (or "Copy Link Location" in Firefox), then paste that to your post. You can also go to the thread and copy the URL from the address window, or link to a particular post by copying the link location of the "permalink" in the upper right of the post.

• x2468

Posted April 28, 2009 - 08:48 PM

that's a hot tank. what size is the stock tank? don't they also have a 3-ish gallon?

• ThumperKid250F

Posted April 29, 2009 - 02:09 AM

that's a hot tank. what size is the stock tank? don't they also have a 3-ish gallon?

yea they have a 3.1 gal tank, the only reason i dont like the clark 3.1 is that the top if the tank is really high where the gascap is and it just gets in the way. i had the ims 3.1 and it was really nice but i sold it when my bike broke.. now i need another one and im thinking all i really need is a 2.6 gal tank?

• davidrussell41

Posted April 29, 2009 - 08:23 AM

Here are some pics of my 06 with clarke 2.6 tank. Easy to install no problems I modified the petcock so that I didnt have a foot of fuel line hanging.:banghead: Posted ImagePosted Image

hope the pictures work. i've never posted pics before

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rexbond007

Posted April 29, 2009 - 11:07 AM

http://www.members.s...shroud-blue.jpg

http://www.members.s...teblackbike.jpg

2.6 in black

• onelugnut

Posted April 29, 2009 - 09:02 PM

Here are some pics of my 06 with clarke 2.6 tank. Easy to install no problems I modified the petcock so that I didnt have a foot of fuel line hanging.:banghead: hope the pictures work. i've never posted pics before

Nice scooter. Do you think you could get 60 miles out of the 2.6? I just paid for a 08 and haven't picked it up yet. Got to get some drinks in the wife first before I tell her:bonk:
What is the blue fiitting on the line right behind the radiator.

• davidrussell41

Posted April 30, 2009 - 08:00 AM

It will make 60 miles fairly easy, but I probably dont ride as fast as some of you guys. The Blue peice is a fuel filter I had on my street car I put it in the breather hose just to make sure I dint get any sand or dirt sucked up into engine.

• WB450

Posted April 30, 2009 - 08:35 AM

Nice scooter. Do you think you could get 60 miles out of the 2.6? I just paid for a 08 and haven't picked it up yet. Got to get some drinks in the wife first before I tell her:banghead:
What is the blue fiitting on the line right behind the radiator.

That's great.:banghead:

• x2468

Posted April 30, 2009 - 09:39 AM

how many trail miles can you get out of the 2.6, roughly?

• davidrussell41

Posted April 30, 2009 - 10:17 AM

we were just in Farmington NM riding for 3days I put probably 70 plus on it. We were in a lot of 2 3 4 riding with a few sand washes

• davidrussell41

Posted April 30, 2009 - 10:26 AM

if you go to Youtube helmetcam-christian shultz give you a idea what we were riding in

• Justin Pearson

Posted August 05, 2009 - 10:31 AM

Is there any way you guys could post a closer pic of the rear 3/4 sides so I can more easily tell how much air flow is blocked by the tank? I dont want to go over 2.6 gallons (handling) and I also dont want to over heat in the tight stuff more than I already do! (reduced air flow bad, ummm kaaayy) :thumbsup:

• jrny426

Posted August 05, 2009 - 11:56 AM

I got one aswell (black to keep a stock look)my only issue was the fuel line is a little more exposed and prone to pulling off the petcock when the bike is in tight terrain or dumped,I just put a better clamp on.

• LumpyBoy

Posted August 06, 2009 - 09:12 AM

I just fitted the IMS tank on my '08 and it fits ok. I needed to use spacers on the lower shroud bolts to get them to bolt to the radiator louvers. Per Gray's suggestion, I used a different Yami petcock ('03-'05?) that has the outlet on the right so that I did not need to reverse the position of the stock petcock.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.