Are you wearing away your head cover too!?!?!?

6 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted August 27, 2002 - 10:53 AM

I actually noticed this a number of months ago, but finally had the perfect combination of A) work being done on my bike, and :D a digital camera right in front of me :D .......

It seems that my throttle cables are wearing away a seeming hole into my head cover, see attached pic's.........

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

First off, the pic's may not allow you to fully appreciate how deep this is. Second, anyone else have any wear like this on your head cover???

I guess I'm going to just stick a peice of clear 3M tape to the head cover, or maybe just wrap the throttle cables in rubber, or something. I would be psyched if anyone else could check and see if your getting the same wear. Guess I better fix it soon, can't be much material left :) .

***Wow, sorry, those photos are HUGE!!***

Dodger :D :D

[ August 27, 2002, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Dodger ]

• edareus

Posted August 27, 2002 - 11:09 AM

:) When I replaced my cables I did notice that they were rubbing but not anything like yours. I am going to check mine again. If you hear of or find a fix, post it.

• Dougie

Posted August 27, 2002 - 12:26 PM

I have wear marks there also. But not as severe. Just scuffs right now.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted August 27, 2002 - 12:47 PM

I also have wear marks. I'll put transparent 3M foil that is used on the doorstep of a car or on the mudguard under the spoiler over the trunk of my BMW.

• Hawaii-Rider

Posted August 27, 2002 - 01:03 PM

Yes I am wearing away my head cover!

Its called balding, loosing all my hair
its either age, wearing a helmet in the Army for 20+ years or....not enough beer each night.
I can fix # 3 tonight, #1 nothin can be done and summer I be done!

• Sweet_on_my_WR__426

Posted August 27, 2002 - 04:10 PM

Dodger, thanks for the heads up. I took a look and I also have some wear.Have to take care of it before it gets worse.

[ August 27, 2002, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Sweet on my_WR_ 426 ]

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 27, 2002 - 04:32 PM

Dodge, Yep me too.

HR, :) Thanks for your #2!!! Posted Image

[ August 27, 2002, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lorenze ]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.