Lower Oil Drain Plug

2 replies to this topic
  • critter

Posted March 05, 2003 - 07:19 AM

Has anyone had a lower oil drain plug refuse to budge ???
I put a 6pt socket on it and it wont budge and is starting to strip :) Any advice would be appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jonesy920

Posted March 05, 2003 - 08:05 AM

Either get an impact on it or the old method. Take a punch and smack it hard in the center. I had to Smack the screws on my carb float bowl to get them out. Then throw that bolt away and get a magnetic drain plug.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 05, 2003 - 09:07 AM

You may have to helicoil repair the drain pan hole before you put the mag plug in. It is way to risky to be running through the woods with no oil and seizing up the entire engine. Make sure you do not have a stripped tapped hole.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.