New WR450F Breakin

4 replies to this topic
  • Harley

Posted March 05, 2003 - 02:43 AM

Fellow Thump Heads,
I just picked it up and with the weather finnally getting ready to cooperate, I am going to put some stick time in. Had the dealer check on the rotor nut, yes it was lose according to the green mechanic. Engine# 1377
But first:
I was curious as to how many of you followed the 1 hour breakin procedure described in the manual. And if you did, who pulled the breakin maintenance after that 1 hour? And who thinks it is nessary to replace the front fork oil after 1 hour?

• Harley

Posted March 06, 2003 - 01:56 AM

I thought somebody would have chimed in by now!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted March 06, 2003 - 03:23 AM

I broke in my 450 by letting it warm up good (5-7 minutes of idling) then some nice easy trail riding for about 20 minutes. Let it cool down for 20 minutes. I did this procedure twice. After that, I rode it like I stole it! I changed the oil after getting about 20 miles on it.

I know the manual says to change the fork oil after break-in but I waited a while before I changing mine out ('cause I was too busy riding.) :)

• WR450

Posted March 06, 2003 - 04:11 AM

Here is how I did It

Break in secrets

• beezer

Posted March 06, 2003 - 04:35 AM

I ride around the block for a few minutes and change the oil and filter. I check spokes and fasteners then I go ride.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.