Happy 426 day!

5 replies to this topic
  • AK_WR450F

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:58 PM

I miss my old heavy hittin' & liftin' '02 YZ426F Thumper sometimes. Didn't see a thread yet for today so I started this one.

Mark :banghead:

• Dee Perry

Posted April 26, 2009 - 09:09 PM

Mine is sitting right here in the garage taking its place right along side the newer younger bikes. Still the KING!!! I love the 426. I'm getting older and she keeps me out of a lot of trouble. Tractors me out of anything I get us into. Had lots of rides over the years and none of them take care of me like my trusty 426.

• WRC51

Posted April 27, 2009 - 07:24 PM

I have an 07 WR now, but had a 01 WR -426 that really was a real work horse for me. As much as I like to 07 the 426 still had some things about it that I wish this one did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dustdogg

Posted April 27, 2009 - 07:46 PM

I miss my old heavy hittin' & liftin' '02 YZ426F Thumper sometimes. Didn't see a thread yet for today so I started this one.

Mark :banghead:

Funny that you say that because when I looked at the calendar I thought that to myself. Each year my 426 makes me proud to own such a great bike. It may not be the lightest or slimmest bike aroung but when I ride it I always know it will be a great ride and I will make it back without issues. Since the day I bought mine I have done nothing more than routine maintanance and and I have still yet to adjust the valves (yes I have checked).:banghead: I look forward to buying a new WR 450 in the future but they will need fuel injection and the updated YZ suspension before I can honestly tell myself that I need to upgrade. Happy 4-26 to all current riders and those that have not forgotten the generation that the current bikes are built from:ride: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :foul: :foul:

• AK_WR450F

Posted April 28, 2009 - 09:53 AM

I noticed that every year somebody will post what I did, and normally there are a lot of responses, not this year though, oh well, the few the proud still ride theirs at least. I'll get another 426 someday, I miss trying to kick it over/start it after crashing, hahahaha....not!

• 02WR426Cali

Posted April 28, 2009 - 10:39 PM

Yeah happy 426! Best bike ever made :banghead: haha only kidding but it has to be up there in the top 10:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.