yz 450 problems?

2 replies to this topic
  • cliff1818

Posted April 26, 2009 - 02:42 PM

i was just wondering if the 08 yz 450 had any minor or major problems. i am thinking of getting a 3.3 or 3.1 gallon gas tank so i can do some longer riding before having to fill. how often would i have to rebuild this engine if i rode with about med. agressivness. also should i get a full skid plate or is that not required. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 426 NOOB

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:48 PM

i was just wondering if the 08 yz 450 had any minor or major problems. i am thinking of getting a 3.3 or 3.1 gallon gas tank so i can do some longer riding before having to fill. how often would i have to rebuild this engine if i rode with about med. agressivness. also should i get a full skid plate or is that not required. thanks

As far as reliability goes, its the best you can get. There are many people on here such as gray that have 03-08 450s with 200+ hours on original pistons and valves that nave not even needed to be adjusted in that amount of hours. And they all race! The number one thing will be to replace the cam chain once a year or so. As fr the skid late, It depends what riding you do. If its a lot of trails then definitely get one, but for track you can get away without. I run one no matter what just from personal preference.

• x2468

Posted April 26, 2009 - 11:52 PM

i wish WC made the enduro skid plate they offer for almost every other bike for the yz450f. the one that covers the bottom, then curves around the frame spars and covers the sides of the engine. it's so clean looking

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.