ASV Levers & Stock Dust Cover

4 replies to this topic
  • natehawes

Posted April 26, 2009 - 02:27 PM

I just installed an ASV brake and clutch lever....hopefully I won't have to replace these after every fall :banghead:

The instructions say that the stock dust covers can be used. But, if I leave that little dirt deflector on that the ASV's come with, the stock covers don't come close to being able to fit. Plus they look better without them.

Those of you that have ASV levers, do you use the stock covers, or did you just pitch them? Are the stock dust covers even necessary?

• grayracer513

Posted April 26, 2009 - 07:32 PM

I use ASV's on both of mine. I used the lever only on the brake side, of course, and there, I used the YZ dust boots. On my own bike, I used the full lever/perch/hot start assembly and used the ASV dust boot. On my son's bike, I used the ASV lever in the stock perch with the OEM boot.

I haven't replaced any part of any of these levers in over 3 years of use, either, BTW.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CaptainKnobby

Posted April 27, 2009 - 08:18 AM

I have both levers for mine the front brake and clutch. They are the F3's with a three year guarentine not to break.

The clutch lever when I bought it came with the universial perch. How ever after installing it I found also the dust cover wouldnt go on all the way but would cover the cable.

The stock dust cover has two ears on the end that went on the inside the perch but I couldnt get them to go in the ASV universial perch but it would at least stay on.

I recently have the stock perch and clutch lever on now cause the spring broke on the ASV lever and the bolt that holds the lever on the perch is stripped at about half way up.

When I called ASV that I needed these items they said no problem we will get them out to you.

• motoag93

Posted April 27, 2009 - 03:13 PM

I love my ASV's. stock covers are in the trash.

• egsmith2

Posted May 01, 2009 - 12:27 PM

I run a C/5 clutch lever/perch/hot start on my 03 YZ450 and it's the best lever I've ever used. The dust cover really helps to keep everything working smoothly. I have however searched high and low for a replacement bearing for the hole on the inner-end of the lever that lines up with the bolt hole on the perch. Kind of tough to explain. I asked ASV about it and they directed me to order a rebuild kit, but it just included a new spring and plastic sleeve/bearings for the perch, not the actual lever.

Related Content

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.