Anyone have a Carb?

9 replies to this topic
  • acarter92

Posted April 26, 2009 - 01:15 PM

I'm looking for a carb for a '99 WR400. If anybody has one that they are willing to part with for a fair price or know where to get one please let me know. There's one on ebay for $400, but I really wasn't willing to spend that much for a used carb that may not be better than what I have. Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin

• tntmo

Posted April 26, 2009 - 01:21 PM

What is wrong with the one you have??

• acarter92

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:13 PM

All the gaskets between the float bowl and the main body of the carb are shot, I can't get new ones without gettting round ones and trying to make them fit, plus the needle and seat it shot. I probably could find the o-rings somewhere if I looked hard enough, but I'm going to pay out the a$$ for them and then the new needle and seat is $55, so I think it would be easier to just try to find another used one and use my current carb for parts.

Ausitn

• Home Skillet

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:29 PM

Here's a rebuild kit for $60. Comes with the float needle.

Posted Image

http://www.motorcycl...04f4c1e61107d52

• acarter92

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Home skillet, now that I read my post I think I said it wrong. I ment the gaskets between the main body and the middle piece of the carb. I think there's about 5 or so of them that are all different shapes (none of them are round). Sorry about that!

Austin

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 26, 2009 - 04:17 PM

Those gaskets/orings acarter92 is talking about are not available. He has to buy a new carb. TT classifieds, Ebay and hope the carb you find is not someone else's nightmare. A new replacement carb is about $500 through TT aftermarket (not oem).

• gator4life108

Posted April 26, 2009 - 04:33 PM

I'm looking for a carb for a '99 WR400. If anybody has one that they are willing to part with for a fair price or know where to get one please let me know. There's one on ebay for $400, but I really wasn't willing to spend that much for a used carb that may not be better than what I have. Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin

If you can try to get a YZ carb....but always check TT, thats where I got mine at for cheap.....good luck

If I see any I will let you know.

• Home Skillet

Posted April 27, 2009 - 06:17 PM

The photo I posted may be generic.
Tokyomods.com has an exploded view of the carb and all it's o-rings etc. The parts did not look that expensive.

• barnesbr

Posted April 30, 2009 - 11:50 AM

I have the stock carb from a 2000 wr400. The guy I bought the bike from put a brand new edlebrock carb on and gave me the old one (with various other parts) in a box. Make me an offer + shipping and I will send it your way.

• ncampion

Posted April 30, 2009 - 02:18 PM

Save a lot of headaches and just put an Edelbrock carb on it. The first gen FCR's were a lot of problems.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.