cheng shin C761 140/80x18

13 replies to this topic
  • lewichris

Posted August 27, 2002 - 04:20 AM

anybody ever forced one of these on to their bikes. Does it fit ok or is there trouble. thanks guys.

Chris

• Jim_Patterson

Posted August 27, 2002 - 05:52 AM

I have the same size tire on my 01 wr426 but it's a Michelin. This is my second one and I really like it. It was put on by a bike shop. If you wanted to you could do it yourself but it would be tough. Tube pinching during installation could occur.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted August 27, 2002 - 05:54 AM

Sorry make that Pirelli!!

• MOmilkman

Posted August 27, 2002 - 06:56 AM

My cousin tried to put a Ching Shi* on his bike and he struggled and struggled with putting it on.
He has plenty of tire changing expierence so I didnt think that he didnt know what he was doing but he moaned about that tire forever.

Plus it spit off knobs like Jethro does teeth.

• lewichris

Posted August 27, 2002 - 08:12 AM

yea you all must get really crappy tires cause i have never had a problem with them

but then with all my expencive tires like IRC and Michelin they don't last quite as long as the cheng shi t as you choose to call them. Plus for the price you cant beat it. As far as mounting that goes i will let somone else do it. I just want to know if it will fit inside the swing arm.

thanks guys.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 27, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Damn....Lewis I can almost picture you at the back door of the service department near the tire machine waiting for the old skins to roll out the door and onto the freebe pile.....

You Crack me up......

Bonzai :)

• lewichris

Posted August 27, 2002 - 09:32 PM

how did you guess
i have definitly done that before. Especially all those guys that only have one race on their tires and getting a 80 dollar tire for 10 bucks. I am a smart shopper. I crack me up sometimes to.

chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted August 27, 2002 - 10:00 AM

I need one of those $10 tire deals right now.

I think I would win the baldest tire contest hands down right now.

Lewi,
Wow! A 140? Thats wide! If I was a betting man I would say no it probably wont but then again Ive never tried a 140 so I dont know for sure.

Good luck.

[ August 27, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: MOmilkman ]

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 27, 2002 - 10:58 AM

Darin....I don't want to call you this but once again you have forced me....LOOSER!

I have been running a Michelin 140/80/18 for months.....It Kicks A$$ and still has lots of room to move around....

I suspect you could get away with a 150 or a 160 if someone made one that wide.

I'll Post a photo of mine tonight....

See YA.

• banffboy

Posted August 27, 2002 - 11:35 AM

I run a michellin 140/80-18, but it really is only a 120 on the dunlop scale

• MOmilkman

Posted August 27, 2002 - 04:39 PM

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:
Darin....I don't want to call you this but once again you have forced me....LOOSER!

Bonzai :D

And this from a guy that hangs out at the local mall to buy his riding gear! :) :D LOL

• MN_Kevin

Posted August 27, 2002 - 05:57 PM

In the glory days of Yamaha (late 70's / early 80's), Metzler offered a 150/80x18 and Terraflex offered this thing that had GIANT knobs. The open bikes typically ran them. Nowadays, a 250 2 stroke has more HP than the old open bikes.

I am quite sure, as our local, suicidal Japanese pilot :D already has stated, the 140 will fit.

Hey Bill!! :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted August 28, 2002 - 02:59 AM

OUCH.....Medic! :D

• Jekel

Posted August 28, 2002 - 11:14 AM

Yes it will fit, It goes on like any other rear tire. If i remember right, getting it back off was rough. A local dealer talked me into trying it out and it was good for about 2 rides then rounded quickly. I'll stick to the better tires in the future. I'm mainly in ledge rock and other rock so you may have better luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.