need help, 400f motor and 450f motor compatibility

2 replies to this topic
  • 400f mech

Posted April 24, 2009 - 08:09 PM

hey, i recently threw the rod in my 98 400f, was going to rebuild but then i found a 450f motor for cheep, i was wondering if the 450 motor would bolt into my 400f frame? the motor is out of a 04 yzf450 would appricate any help asap. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 24, 2009 - 08:35 PM

It may fit fairly well, although you'll probably need custom inserts made for the rear hard point to match the 400 swing arm.

But why not just buy a used '04 for $2k or less and save the hassle (to say nothing of newer, lighter, etc.,)?

• 400f mech

Posted April 24, 2009 - 08:40 PM

would love to get a newer bike but i am only in highschool and have a tight budget, and i am also in process of building a cr500 trx250r hybrid so money is an issue, making inserts or modifying the frame is not a problem, many hours of using a mig and tig welder, thanks alot grey for the imput, looking foreward to getting the bike back together, been riding a rm125 in desperation

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.