03 head studs

4 replies to this topic
  • GMO397

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:59 PM

I need to know the torque specs of the 2003 crf450 head studs. I can't find them in my Clymers manual. Thanks, Mitch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WALKINGWOUNDED

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:54 AM

Do you mean the head nuts? If so it's 43ft pounds. Make sure you lubricate the threads, or you could end up with a false torque. Also don't torque one nut all at once. Tighten them slowly and evenly in a criss cross pattern.

• GMO397

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

No I mean head studs. I recently replaced the case and I need to know what to torque the head studs to into the case. Thanks, Mitch.

• WALKINGWOUNDED

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

I've replaced one once, but I used a pair of stud pliers and hand tighened it and used locktite.

• rickwood

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

I've got the '02-'04 Honda Service Manual. No torque spec is given for the studs (at least that I could find). Just the value of 43 ft-lbs for the head nuts that go onto those studs.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Head shake on a Crf450 2013 help! by Kxf2013

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

private mx track? by riyaadhd

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  166 replies
Forums
Photo

05'crf450r by tklatti

• Hot  51 replies
Forums
Photo

06 crf450r by tw191

• Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

Identifying showa shock springs? by sandy450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.