Back onto Thumpers! Where did Thumperfaq go???

5 replies to this topic
  • cdntanker

Posted April 24, 2009 - 06:42 PM

Quite a journey, but finally picked up my latest ride today, a used 2004 WR450F. Sooooo glad to be back.

Let see, it all started with:

A new 2001 WR250F, which then led to a 2002 YZ250F (alongside a 2003 DRZ400S), then onto a 2004 RMZ250F, a 2005 YZ450F, and then I made the fateful mistake and crossed to the dark side, onto a nice light (plug fouling) 2006 YZ250.

Along the way I've gotten older, wiser (and injured way too often!) and have now arrived back at my happy place of looking to ride for the pure enjoyment of it, rather than for standings, or sponsors, or $3 trophies.

Moved last year from Ontario where my boys and I were all racing every weekend, to sunny BC, and now have direct access to thousands of acres of incredible dirt roads and single track riding in the hills of Vancouver Island, and I've gotten all of us back onto the almighty Thumpers. Thank God!

My 15 year old is on a very gently used 2008 WR250F (bone stock, no mods, 94km total) having gotten rid of his 03 YZ125, and my 11 year old has traded his trusty YZ85 for a reliable 09 TTR230. No more pingers, no more mixing gas, no more fouled plugs, no more pipe sploog, just sweet gray magic buttons, and gently purring thumpers. :banghead:

So, all that drivel aside, I'm glad to be back on Thumpertalk with Thumpers actually in the garage, rather than skulking around the site on the 2 stroke forums tucked away at the bottom.

Haven't done anything to my boys 08 WR250F yet, will leave it be then attack the mods one by one as he needs more juice. Biggest concern is since 20 March, I cannot get onto Thumperfaq??? :banghead: It just comes up with some page saying to "to view this website, upload your html webpage to the public library"??????? Have we lost this valuable resource?

Also, having blown what little cash I had on my two spoiled sons, I ended up having to pickup a bit of a project bike for myself. I brought home a 2004 WR450F today, runs great, but needs some TLC. From what I can see, the grey wire has been done, it has a YZ throttle stop, and is running a full Akropovic exhaust.

Problems with it are both front forks are leaking oil (will try to pull the dust covers and clean the seals tommorow), and the battery is dead. Should I just go with another OEM battery or be looking at something aftermarket (what is an e-battery??). Need to address the forks and the battery issue then I'll move onto cosmetics like some new plastics and some new tires.

Anyway, glad to be back, biggest issue for me is what happened to Thumperfaq?? I need that site to be able to get these bikes dialed in!:banghead: Is it down for everyone or is there a new link to get to it? Thanks!

• schlenk_dog

Posted April 28, 2009 - 08:27 AM

down for me as well

• KennyMc

Posted April 28, 2009 - 10:56 AM

Works for me.:banghead:

http://www.thumperfaq.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cdntanker

Posted April 28, 2009 - 12:28 PM

Aha, she's up an running now. Been awhile, I'd forgotten what a great site it is.

Another question, do the digital odo/speedos from later model WRs work on the older versions with the analog piece of crap? Are they straight bolt ons?

I guess the other option is a trailtech computer? Whats the model of preference?

Thanks!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 28, 2009 - 02:18 PM

Works for me.:banghead:

http://www.thumperfaq.com/

Me too :banghead:

do the digital odo/speedos from later model WRs work on the older versions with the analog piece of crap? Are they straight bolt ons?

Yes they bolt right up only requiring you to run some power to it....

I have the full asmbly/computer brand new never used off my WR if your interested PM me

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:45 PM

Anyway, glad to be back, biggest issue for me is what happened to Thumperfaq?? I need that site to be able to get these bikes dialed in!:banghead: Is it down for everyone or is there a new link to get to it? Thanks!

Send a pm to one of the Brians. Sometimes there is something in your settings that gets changed. I had a similar problem a year or so ago and it turned out to be that my viewing options defaulted to not allow me to pull any of the older stuff up. A quick fix. Try going into "my account", "edit options", "thread display options". And then check what you have for a setting under [COLOR="Blue"]"Default Thread Age Cut Off".[/COLOR] Just a guess, but that might be it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.