09 Wr450

No replies to this topic
  • madroberts07

Posted April 24, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I picked up an 09WR450, I Just now got it ready to ride. I had an 04 but I sucked water into th motor and killed it.:banghead: What a chor it was to do all the mods on the 09, ais kit, rejet the carb, gut the air box, grey wire, etc. I took the whole bike apart greased all the rear suspension bearings and stuff with good grease.(lessons I learn from not takeing my 04 apart:bonk: ) But I am finally done and ready to ride:thumbsup: The only thing I dont like about the bike is the pipe. I bought the PMB insert for it and I could barly get it started. When I did it ran like it was very pluged up and did not have half the power as my 04. I took the PMB insert out and tried starting it with no baffle in it. Fired right up on the first kick. it's still a little plugged up because of the small internal baffles that can't be removed, but it runs ok:thumbsup: . I think back in 2005 when yamaha came out with the new aluminum mufflers vs the stainless steel 03-04 pipes they went all all out to please the EPA and not for performance:banghead: . The stock pipe on the 04 WR you could take the baffle out and it was wide open. I ended up replacing my 04 pipe because it was to loud:busted: , but at least it worked:thumbsup: . I had a yosh TRC 96db pipe that I was very happy with, so I ordered A yosh 96db RS-2 pipe for the 09. That should take care of the problem:thumbsup: . I just thought I would share that with every body, let me know your thoughts happy trails:ride:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.