Bottom Shock Bolt

4 replies to this topic
  • wondermuscle

Posted April 24, 2009 - 06:31 AM

The nut on my bottom shock bolt seams to have disapreared. My fault though as I did not loctite it.

Can someone look at their 2008 and tell me what kind of nut it is and if there is a washer behind it?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted April 24, 2009 - 06:48 AM

It's a lock nut; no washer. Check your bolt to be sure, but I believe it's a 10mm ISO thread.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wondermuscle

Posted April 24, 2009 - 07:05 AM

It's a lock nut; no washer. Check your bolt to be sure, but I believe it's a 10mm ISO thread.

Thanks GRAY! It is not a nyloc, but one of those other locknuts. Is it a low profile nut?

It is a 10 X 1.25 from the manual. I also checked it with die.

• Wiz636

Posted April 24, 2009 - 08:01 AM

I just had my shock off yesterday and the nut does seem to be kind of 'low profile' though I've never actually heard that term.

• grayracer513

Posted April 24, 2009 - 08:09 AM

That's all correct AFAIK. The nut is lower than standard profile, and uses a sheet steel insert in the top to effect locking.

PN = 90185-10012-00

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.