HAs anyone tried a Lead-dog light on a YZ450?

9 replies to this topic
  • stevemorgan728

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:17 AM

Does anyone know or tried a Lead-dog helmet light connected to the YZ (08) electrical system? I believe it draws 35 watts and requires 12volts.

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:32 AM

The YZ/YZF electrical system will not support any sort of added electrical device at all without using an aftermarket stator system.

• stevemorgan728

Posted April 23, 2009 - 12:03 PM

that's what I thought... thanks! Hey, do you know if the IMS 3.1 tank fits with any of the radiator brace kits?

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2009 - 12:24 PM

Looking at mine, it should, but I don't know for certain.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 23, 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hey, do you know if the IMS 3.1 tank fits with any of the radiator brace kits?

I have the 06+ YZ IMS tank on my 08 WR with Unabiker Rad Guards...:banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted April 23, 2009 - 02:38 PM

that's what I thought... thanks! Hey, do you know if the IMS 3.1 tank fits with any of the radiator brace kits?

I know from first hand experience that the Devol and the Rooster (now out of business) rad guards work with the IMS tank. I think they all do....

• swatdoc

Posted April 23, 2009 - 09:58 PM

Gray - one very minor exception to your rule - you can run a trail tech vapor off the stock electrical system - it only uses a fraction of a watt. But a light or fan - as you say - no way!

• x2468

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:43 PM

if you want a light, look into cyclops helmet lights. they're bright enough to be used alone. and baja designs and a company called drc make battery powered headlights with their own self contained lights.

• Wiz636

Posted April 24, 2009 - 07:52 AM

if you want a light, look into cyclops helmet lights. they're bright enough to be used alone. and baja designs and a company called drc make battery powered headlights with their own self contained lights.

For sure, I use the Cyclops Solstice MR-16 HID helmet light and you can damn near run full race pace with it at night. Also, it's important to note that Cyclops is a huge supporter of offroad events and Daryl is one of those guys that will go the extra mile to make sure that you are set up correctly and will stand behind his products. He is 'off road rider' here on TT

• x2468

Posted April 24, 2009 - 09:38 PM

For sure, I use the Cyclops Solstice MR-16 HID helmet light and you can damn near run full race pace with it at night. Also, it's important to note that Cyclops is a huge supporter of offroad events and Daryl is one of those guys that will go the extra mile to make sure that you are set up correctly and will stand behind his products. He is 'off road rider' here on TT

yeah i met him on the snowest forum i think. he has one of those sick 2moto track kits for his bike and has put a few videos on the cyclops website of some powder snow single track through the pine trees.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.