2010 WR - What I'd like to see.

22 replies to this topic
  • TwIzTeD NuTz

Posted June 04, 2009 - 05:12 AM

Moving the battery into the skidplate would be a huge step forward, as would a set of quick release electrical connectors so that the rear subframe could be easily removed to work on the carb. A titanium rear spring, would be great, and so would a little more bling, like maybe some black wheels or a limited edition wr that came in yellow or white. Kawasaki is hiding the fact that their new kx450 weighs ten pounds more that last years with little more than colored triple clamps and pretty black wheels. EfI would be nice for the wr, but not if it came at that cost.

EFI will add weight. Some sacrifices will have to be made if you want EFI. I currently own an 03 WR450/SM and even with all the crap i have stripped its still a pig!! The wonderful starter problem is plaguing the bike currently and it really sucks roll starting it(kicker shaft broke).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz-dwg

Posted June 04, 2009 - 05:37 AM

I would like to see a 2 stroke, based on a YZ250 with the wide ratio tranny, fly wheel wieght, headlight and all the good WR stuff, the KTM 300 is supposed to be a big seller, I would think that yamaha could make a better, cheaper off road smoker, I'd buy one.....

• P0ACHER

Posted June 04, 2009 - 07:27 AM

I would like to see a 2 stroke, based on a YZ250 with the wide ratio tranny, fly wheel wieght, headlight and all the good WR stuff, the KTM 300 is supposed to be a big seller, I would think that yamaha could make a better, cheaper off road smoker, I'd buy one.....

Yeah I'd dig that too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.