Farm and Fleet Enclosed Trailer

8 replies to this topic
  • mrjoshua

Posted April 23, 2009 - 06:53 AM

F and F has a 6x12 enclosed trailer on sale sold under the name "Valusport". Price on it is $2599, and that includes a ramp rear door and a side door. The underpinnings seem sound enough, the only drawback I can see is very thin (1/8") veneer plywood sides that are obviously quite frail. This is the lowest price point I have I have seen for a unit with these features; most of them seem to come in around the $4K price. Even if I replace the sidewalls with legitimate plywood, I'd likely be well ahead of the game on price.

Anyone have any experience with this brand or any other thoughts? I do not trailer very often at all, but when I do it's a thousand miles plus...

• Jbeaz

Posted April 23, 2009 - 08:15 AM

F and F has a 6x12 enclosed trailer on sale sold under the name "Valusport". Price on it is $2599, and that includes a ramp rear door and a side door. The underpinnings seem sound enough, the only drawback I can see is very thin (1/8") veneer plywood sides that are obviously quite frail. This is the lowest price point I have I have seen for a unit with these features; most of them seem to come in around the $4K price. Even if I replace the sidewalls with legitimate plywood, I'd likely be well ahead of the game on price.

Anyone have any experience with this brand or any other thoughts? I do not trailer very often at all, but when I do it's a thousand miles plus...

I would look around, the ones in front of F&F by me look ok but I think you can find better quality for around the same price. I am thinking about getting an enclosed instead of the 3 rail I have now and found this site.
http://www.trailersh...page-18729.html
the next time I end up in GA I am going to check it out, tandem axle v-nose for 2799. I am not saying these are better quality but if they are the same quality, I would rather pay 200 more and have a v-nose tandem painted whatever color I want.

• mrjoshua

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Thanks for the link, dude. They do look really reasonable and nice; problem being that they're in georgia! I ahve not look into shipping, but that would surely eradicate any savings in raw cost

• ccman60

Posted April 24, 2009 - 04:58 AM

Something to look for in a well constructed trailer is the trailer frame itself. The framework that the tonge is attached to, should not end at the cargo box, but extend back to the axle's. Less flex, better built with no cost saving measures. Just my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

• Jbeaz

Posted April 24, 2009 - 10:54 AM

Thanks for the link, dude. They do look really reasonable and nice; problem being that they're in georgia! I ahve not look into shipping, but that would surely eradicate any savings in raw cost

I wouldn't have it shipped, take a long weekend when the weather sucks in IL and go ride in GA, pick the trailer up on the way back. Problem with that is the weather is finally getting nice here.

On a side note I went past F&F yesterday and I believe the trailer you are looking at is on sale for 2199.

• mrjoshua

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:29 AM

Jbeaz,

Thanks for your 4 cents worth...I did find a guy in Kenosha who does almost the same deal as that place in GA. I am ordering a 7 x 12 with a better floor, electric brakes, plywood walls and significantly better construction for $2900 vs. $2599 for F&F. You definitely got me thinking in the right direction.. thanks.

Problem now is that I am buying a quad...do I need to order a 14' for a quad and two bikes, or will the 12 work? Anyone?

• mrjoshua

Posted April 24, 2009 - 11:30 AM

Where do you live in illinois BTW?

• Jbeaz

Posted April 24, 2009 - 12:46 PM

Problem now is that I am buying a quad...do I need to order a 14' for a quad and two bikes, or will the 12 work? Anyone?

I think a 7x12 would work, but not sure, I don't have any 4sqeelers to measure.

Where do you live in illinois BTW?

Near Kankakee.

• Chickenhauler

Posted April 29, 2009 - 10:35 AM

Jbeaz,

Thanks for your 4 cents worth...I did find a guy in Kenosha who does almost the same deal as that place in GA. I am ordering a 7 x 12 with a better floor, electric brakes, plywood walls and significantly better construction for $2900 vs. $2599 for F&F. You definitely got me thinking in the right direction.. thanks.

Here's what you do-take your bikes and quad and any other stuff you are going to want to drag along, and draw out a box on the floor of the garage the size of the trailer you are considering and see if you can fit everything in that box.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.