2002 yzf426 weird noise pleas help

4 replies to this topic
  • yzf426f

Posted April 23, 2009 - 05:38 AM

hey guys.

The other day i started my yzf426 and noticed a noise in the head.I know that a small noise is common in four-strokes but mine is loud.I was wondering what you guy's think it could be and around how much it would cost to fix it.I have heard that it could be these following things :Piston slap,Cam chain,Timing chain,Piston rings might be worn out,Crank shaft bearings on the way out,or valve clearence. I dont think that the piston rings are worn out or broken because generally you would lose compression.And i havent lost any at all.So if you guy's could please let me know what you's think it might be and how much ruffley it will cost to fix the problem.

Thank's

• Stepdaddy

Posted April 23, 2009 - 06:09 AM

might be a wore out cam tensioner or the guides, as well as the things you already stated. You really wont know untill you take the valve cover and head off to inspect further.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzf426f

Posted April 23, 2009 - 08:12 AM

yea.i've heard that happen's quite freqently .Hmmm i dont really wanna take the cover off because i dont know really what im looking for.i havent owned much four-stroke's.i use to ride 2 strokes.but yea.if its is what you stated above,how much you reackon that would cost ruthley?

• TIG88

Posted April 23, 2009 - 01:24 PM

If you dont know much about 4 strokes, or engines in general, it might be better to take it to a mechanic. If your not sure what your looking at, its gonna be hard enough to get it back together, let alone diagnose a problem. Just my opinoin though.

Maybe you could find someone that know's wat they're doing, and watch them so you learn.

• yzf426f

Posted April 23, 2009 - 11:15 PM

yea i was planning on taking it to my local motor bike shop.i only wanted to know wat you guys think it could be and how much use reackon it will cost so i can get the money.ive only got $600 at the moment.im hoping its not some that's gonna cost over that amount.but yea if and 1 else could post what they think it is and ruthley what they think the part might cost.thankz

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.