Normal operating temp on WR's

3 replies to this topic
  • 6BiG6HiT6

Posted April 22, 2009 - 10:39 PM

I bought a 2000 WR400F not too long ago and was wondering what the normal operating temperature should be for this bike? I have a computer that reads about 150-160 F when haulin and about 190-200 F when rollin slow thru technical trails and hill climbs. Is this about right or am I runnin hot? I was overheating a lot over winter and found out my water pump seals were bad. I replaced them, along with the shaft, bearing, and a Boyesen impeller just last week and rode last weekend, the numbers above are from last weekend. Am I cool or what? :banghead:

• davidl9999

Posted April 22, 2009 - 10:45 PM

No idea on actual temps, but your numbers seem reasonable. Where is your sensor located?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted April 23, 2009 - 08:43 AM

mine is in the rad hose and reads 114-138 (supermoto) but to me it sounds low, i always wondered the same thing

• acarter92

Posted April 23, 2009 - 02:47 PM

When doing hill climbs I can get up to about 250 (that's when I take a break :-), cruising on the road I'm usually running about 120-170 depending on the outside temp and how fast I'm going, and just a little bit hotter when I'm doing slow sigle track trails. This winter my computer usually woudn't even read because it has to be 100 degrees for it to work, but it was pretty cold out :-).

Austin

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.