I want to lower my rear brake pedal

4 replies to this topic
  • Pilfer8

Posted April 22, 2009 - 08:29 PM

I am a tall rider. 6'4. I recently installed lower pegs and now my brake pedal is too high to the point where I need to lift my foot off the peg to hit the rear brake. There is a threaded stud coming out of the bottom of the master cylinder, for adjusting, but it is maxed out on the pedal itself. If I cut it, I can get another 1/8 of an inch adjustment up (which will bring the front of the pedal down maybe 1/4) before it is maxed out. That still wont be enough. I'm looking for around a 1/2 inch. Friends mentioned bending the pedal but I don't really want to risk weakening it. I thought about raising the master cylinder somehow which would be not to hard but I wonder if I am overlooking an easier solution.

Thanks in advance.

• grayracer513

Posted April 23, 2009 - 09:20 AM

I assume you're lowering the pedal top make it easier to access while seated because your big ol' long shin bone is near horizontal in that position. Be aware that doing so will make applying pressure to the rear brake more difficult while standing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pilfer8

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:10 AM

yes, you are correct sir. And I am aware of that, but even while standing I have to lift my foot off the peg to brake.

• mikedabike

Posted April 23, 2009 - 06:33 PM

I am 6'3 and when I was running lowered pegs I cut the stud about a 1/4 inch. I was able to get the pedal plenty low enough after that. I think you are miscalculating the ratio. 1/8 to 1/4 on the adjuster end is going to get you your 1/2 inch on the pedal end.

• Pilfer8

Posted April 23, 2009 - 07:45 PM

thanks, I'll do it.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.