Thumperfaq.com won't work, free mods instructions

2 replies to this topic
  • schlenk_dog

Posted April 22, 2009 - 07:30 AM

I'm trying to get detailed instructions on how to do the free mods but when i click on the link to go the the thumperfaq.com it does not work. Anyone else having this issue?

Any other locations for detailed instructions on how to complete the free mods. I found the nice instructions for the AIS removal kit. I bought the GYTR kit though ($80 Canadian ouch!!) and am still debating weather I want to install it or not. It did not come with any instructions or anything so I am wondering if the TT kit instructions found on this site are sufficient.

I have an 2006 WR stock everything.

thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted April 22, 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm trying to get detailed instructions on how to do the free mods but when i click on the link to go the the thumperfaq.com it does not work. Anyone else having this issue?

Any other locations for detailed instructions on how to complete the free mods. I found the nice instructions for the AIS removal kit. I bought the GYTR kit though ($80 Canadian ouch!!) and am still debating weather I want to install it or not. It did not come with any instructions or anything so I am wondering if the TT kit instructions found on this site are sufficient.

I have an 2006 WR stock everything.

thanks

GYTR AIS removal kit is the same thing as the free mods. and it should have come with instructions.

this post on SBR has the 2006 instructions scanned in.
http://www.southbayr...ead.php?t=10730

• ww44wrf450f

Posted April 22, 2009 - 09:53 AM

I bought the same bike and kit last year, and plated it. You will want to buy a better s.s clamp for the front port on the engine, the one it comes with is crap? Check out youtube search wr ais removal, also when you do the carb set the fuel screw to 2 turns out. http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069
remove seat,gas tank( turn off gas ) and side panals--- pull the snorkal out of the air box, undo the relay above the snorkal and gently pry both pieces out one at a time, the snorkals then the top plate(2 screwdrivers on each side). the ais when you look at it and start to take it off is really easy and you will see how the kit parts go on and where, loosen your carb clamps front and back and genty remove the cold start plunger from the carb this will allow you to pivit the carb so you can get at the bottom 4 screws, use a good screw driver the screws are soft, and remember there is gas in the float bowl, you may want to drain it first ( bottom bolt ), let me know if the link above helps and you where able to get to it, it has great detail??You will need a skinny niddle nose pliers for the needle. Also you will want to reroute the valve cover vent hose, witch I haven't done yet, a must if you like to play in water and t off the carbs 2 vent hoses and route them up under your seat or gas tank so the carb can vent above and so when the bottom hoses are submerged? http://www.southbayr...ead.php?t=10730
agian let me know if you can get to these links??? good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.