Raptor motor into a wr 450?

7 replies to this topic
  • ukuhunta

Posted April 21, 2009 - 06:35 PM

Anyone hear of anyone putting a 700cc raptor motor in a wr 450 frame?....Just for kicks were thinking about it and thought maybe someone heard of anything like this before.

• 68b_body

Posted April 21, 2009 - 06:36 PM

i was think the same thing if i was ever rich and stupid with money, what could i do.... i was thinking in a yz frame tho...

• ukuhunta

Posted April 22, 2009 - 08:30 AM

yeah...same goes for me but ive actually got a friend with the raptor motor and me with the second wr that i own which i ride in the dirt, just figured if anyone thought it could be possible at all.

• DRX350

Posted April 22, 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hill climb anyone?

I guess with creative welding, it would be totally possible.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Regalman

Posted April 22, 2009 - 09:25 AM

You can put a big block in a chevette... but 'should' you?

How much does that pig of a motor weigh? Seems like dumping money into the WR motor to increase HP would be a wiser approach all the way around.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted April 22, 2009 - 09:46 AM

Hey! You will have a dirtbike with reverse!

• redhurricane

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:33 PM

There's a guy that converted an R1 into a dirt bike, look on youtube for it. Heavy pig of a bike, and useless but it's been done. Power's useless if you can't manage it.

"gixxerkart" is another thing that was one of those "just because you can, doesn't mean you should" things

• ukuhunta

Posted April 23, 2009 - 06:46 PM

well ive already got my drag race motard and have alot of money into her already....lol, just was wondering and putting it out there.....who knows if well get around to it, im working on putting nos on my motard right now, or at least the parts are in the mail.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.