Draining the coolant/antifreeze

1 reply to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted March 03, 2003 - 04:17 PM

I was wondering if I drain the coolant/antifreeze, and remove the radiator for repairs will I risk damaging the motor while its off. Im a little concerned that something may happen without anything in it. I wanted to get the bike ready to ride at a moments notice for when it gets warm. I am currently at about 15 deg F here in Michigan and the bike is stored under a tarp since I don't have a garage. Finally what is the easiest/cleanest method of radiator removal and drain? Just remove the water pump over a big kitty litter pan?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted March 03, 2003 - 05:38 PM

Probably safer empty if you are storing it in an unheated area.

The bottom bolt on the water pump cover serves as a coolant drain.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.