artrax tires

14 replies to this topic
  • mxrider3

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:15 PM

has anyone tried these tires? for the price i was thinking about getting some but didnt know if i should just spend 40 more bucks and get a name brand. If you have tried them how do they last?

Heres a link:

http://www.motosport...ineValue~Artrax

• mxrider3

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:21 PM

or what brand of tire would you recomend??

• shelbycobra

Posted April 21, 2009 - 04:51 PM

what type of terrain do you ride on?

• speeddemon

Posted April 21, 2009 - 05:20 PM

I have never heard anything good about the tires, I would suggest looking into a better, more quality tire.

• mxrider3

Posted April 21, 2009 - 06:59 PM

i ride in mainly mud, a little sand and loose dirt. im looking for an intermediate compound.

• rafartist

Posted April 22, 2009 - 02:11 AM

I'd try em, i met some pretty fast guys a while back that I eventually started to ride with all the time and they got me hooked on those Cheng Shin C755's. Those things are cheap and last forever and if your a weekend warrior without a lot of bank, you cant beat em. Im now holding out for a set of Nuetechs and trials tires.

• CV4

Posted April 22, 2009 - 04:15 AM

I broke down and bought the SX1 front tire a while back. To be honest I am very impressed. This tire hooks up really well and looks like it will last a long time so far as it has almost no wear so far. I think I will try one of their rear tires next.

i met some pretty fast guys a while back that I eventually started to ride with all the time and they got me hooked on those Cheng Shin C755's. Those things are cheap and last forever and if your a weekend warrior without a lot of bank, you cant beat em.

I've been running the Cheng Shin on the rear for years and it is an awsome tire. It's biggest downside is a lack of traction in wet conditions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxer021

Posted April 22, 2009 - 06:24 AM

I just bought some of the artrax tires front and rear for my 250f and also klx 110 I haven't put the set on my 250 yet but they look like they will hold up and for the price you can't beat them I did put them on my pit bike and they hook awesome and wear great once I install them on my 250 I will let you know how they last

• rafartist

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:28 PM

I agree with the fact that they arent real good in the slick stuff. I take em down to 7 or 8 psi when it gets nasty. They have a super stiff sidewall and luckily I havent had a pinch flat with them with super hd tubes. I personally just cant see spending $80 on a rear tire to trail ride. If I have a race coming up I'll buy a new tire or if its still got good life in it I'll flip it around to get a good square on the knobs but thats just me. I'd try those tires Artrax though. Mxrider3, there are alot of squids out there running "super sticky 756's" that a decent rider could smoke running a tire thats only got half the tread left. Spend your money on radiator guards, handguards, skids and good gear for yourself, and link up with some good riders to give you some tips and that will take you alot farther and make you a lot faster than an $80 or more rear tire!

• CRF450RIDER07

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:31 PM

I just bought the TG4 tires They are soft to intermediate terrain. They hook up awesome and last way longer and than any soft tire I have tried. You definately dont need to pay more money for tires when these do the same thing a 80 dollar tire does. Give them a try.

• speeddemon

Posted April 22, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Personally I like the milleville as a cheaper tire they cant be beat imo. You can always find them for 50-60 for most sizes

• mxer021

Posted April 23, 2009 - 02:47 AM

I just seen that dennis kirk has bridgestone 204 or something for $48 that's for a 100/100-18 that's the cheapest I have ever seen bridgestone tires rocky mountain has 10% off tires in your order when you order 2 or more these places prices isn't bad

• rafartist

Posted April 23, 2009 - 04:45 PM

I like those Millvilles too but they dont last half as long as a c755 when ridden hard. I ripped some of the knobs off a millville in one ride on a 450. I cant remember if they hooked up any better though.

• Paul129

Posted April 26, 2009 - 03:38 PM

I just tried a set of Artrax for hard surface, I can honestly say they worked pretty good in all of the conditions. For $89 a set I had to try them, I put them on a 05' CR250 and they hooked up very well. The biggest problem was mounting the front, I had to put alot of air to seat it (48lbs) but that was the only problem. I will let you guys know on the wear factor in a few weeks.
Thats my 2cents.

• rafartist

Posted April 26, 2009 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, let us know, Im always looking for "cheap" replacables like those tusk brake pads and such.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.