YZ and WR radiator shrouds?

2 replies to this topic
  • P0ACHER

Posted April 21, 2009 - 12:17 PM

How much difference is there between them for 07-09 bikes?

What is different? The amount they flare out, the mounting holes or everything? They look identical. I don't really want to buy YZ shrouds for my new tank if I don't have to.

Thanks!

p.s. In search, everything is about pre '07 WRs and YZs, so dead end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted April 21, 2009 - 02:05 PM

They are different in regard to where the mounting holes are located... if you bought a YZ tank or an IMS tank for your WR you WILL need the YZ shrouds.

• IBLucky

Posted April 22, 2009 - 07:59 AM

Yes, SJMC is right, I bought an IMS 3.1 for my 07,and you can get the two lower holes to line up but not the top one, I heard of some people using them like this but didn't like it, I bought the Stock YZ shrouds from Yamaha after I tried the YZ Acerbis, the Acerbis were flimsy and the bolts seemed to cut through the plastic while just mounting them. The stock ones have a washer molded right in them so fastener wont cut through the plastic and I liked them a lot better. I do have the Acerbis if anyone wants them for free, just pay for the shipping

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.