Dual Sport kit

2 replies to this topic
  • Moredesert

Posted March 03, 2003 - 02:10 PM

I'm in the process of installing lights on my XR650R so I can dual sport it. I have most of the parts I need but I'm not clear what Calif requires motorcycles to have to pass brake and lamp inspection. I called Honda and they don't know. They just install Baja Designs kits and signs them off.
Does anyone know what the rules are? One person said I need front and rear brake light switch and another said just the rear. How about running lights? If you installed a Baja Designs lighting kit on a 650 what does the bike do.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted March 03, 2003 - 02:27 PM

This might help some...

Also, here the CA motorcycle handbook...

• Moredesert

Posted March 04, 2003 - 02:18 PM

Thanks qadsan, I saw the DMV site before but trying to make heads or tails for the reg's are difficult. I did find my paper work from the Baja Designs kit I installed on my XR600 a couple of years ago. I ordered some parts yesterday so I should get it all together this week end.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.