03 WR250F/450F preview

1 reply to this topic
  • av

Posted August 26, 2002 - 09:11 PM

Hey gang,

The September "Dirt Bike" magazine preview of the 03 WR250F/450F has the battery under the seat and it has the airbox easy access opening side panel (no tools required) - this would make it hard to get rid of the air lid if you know what I mean (the YZs still have their air openings under the seat) - I suspect the snorkel is still under the seat next to the battery for the 03 WRs although the side panel opens up - will the side panel leak in water?

For deep water crossings, the air box would drown at lower depths if the side panel leaks (the 01-02 air opening is under the seat (higher up) and is covered) - Hawaii riders take note with all those deep water crossings you guys do

Other noticeables:

- Stock muffler is still corked
- Throttle stop still there?
- Grey/blue wire still there?
- 250F starter is in front of cylinder behind the oil down tube while 450F is in back of cylinder next to the carb.
- Hot start lever is on the handle bar's clutch side.
- The rear break remote reservoir is now built into the master cylinder (smaller/lighter overall system).
- The tank and seat ergos is supposed to be much better than earlier models.

BTW - The "mass" production date isn't until December, so you won't get the 03 WRs until late December or January.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zOmega26

Posted August 27, 2002 - 10:58 AM

I just put money down on '03 WR450 on Saturday. The dealer told me he's supposed to be getting it in early November. (yeah, right!)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.