Radiator guards

9 replies to this topic
  • divebobber

Posted April 20, 2009 - 03:37 PM

Are there any radiator guards out there for the 426 that are better than the Unabikers? Moose has a stout looking one but doesn't list it for the 426. I guess my "old" bike is becoming obsolete?

• 642MX

Posted April 20, 2009 - 04:05 PM

I've got Devols. They fit nice and work well. :p

• husqy360

Posted April 20, 2009 - 04:09 PM

http://scorpionracin...d=121&Itemid=26

got this for my 450 seems strong and fit great

• divebobber

Posted April 21, 2009 - 12:50 AM

Those look pretty stout. I went ahead with the Unabikers, which also look pretty stout on the Thumpertalk parts list picture. Thanks guys.

• Chickenhauler

Posted April 21, 2009 - 01:21 AM

You won't regret the Unabikers-I swear I can hang my bike from the garage ceiling by them, they're that sturdy.

OK, that may be a bit too much, but seriously, I've had the rear tire wash out in high speed curves, and the bike went sliding on it's side. Destroyed the radiator scoop, grip, lever and gnarled up the side panel, but the rad is still good to go. That rad would have been toast if not for those Unabikers.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzfin

Posted April 21, 2009 - 10:42 AM

+1 on the Unabikers! My buddy had an "incident" with a large tree root sticking up out of the ground on the trail. Would have completely torn his radiator open if he didn't have the Unabiker guards. I have them on mine now, too!

• divebobber

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Glad to hear it about the Unabikers. Can't wait to get them. BTW I found a local radiator shop that will fix my current problem. Don't know if they can do as extensive a repair as Mylers, but mine is relatively simple.

• buzzfin

Posted April 22, 2009 - 12:24 PM

That's good - hopefully it will save you some $$.

• Deathdeelr

Posted April 22, 2009 - 05:29 PM

Flatlands. No other guards come close.

http://flatlandracin...ory_Code=12-yam

• DeeCee

Posted April 23, 2009 - 02:46 AM

+1 for Flatland guards. Fit real easy and are good and solid. Saved my radiators several times for sure.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.