Ideas for good exhaust clamp?

4 replies to this topic
  • crayztwentyseven

Posted April 19, 2009 - 05:09 PM

so my midpipe that slips over the header is getting old and out of round and I am pretty sure its leaking at the joint. Does anyone know of a good quality stainless clamp to fix this. I dont want to use a hoseclamp because they dont clamp hard enough and it looks bad. I would like something like the stock yz450 clamp but they are too big in diameter. Thanks

Also need a new headpipe for a 03yz450 dont care what make, OEM whatever, just has to be in good shape. anyone got one?

• tnl

Posted April 19, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Try bending it back to it's origional shape with an exhaust pipe bender. Cheap tool at harbor freight. $10 maybe? I used it for my wife's quad that has a slip on installed that didn't just fight right till I formed it with it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted April 19, 2009 - 07:37 PM

Try a heavy equipment dealer. I know one of them here has the same style of clamps as on my WR400, heavy duty with a bolt for tightening, and in many different sizes. I don't know who where you live but Finning or a Caterpillar dealer should be able to help you out.

• crayztwentyseven

Posted April 20, 2009 - 05:11 PM

Try bending it back to it's origional shape with an exhaust pipe bender. Cheap tool at harbor freight. $10 maybe? I used it for my wife's quad that has a slip on installed that didn't just fight right till I formed it with it.

good idea, I did not even think of that one, however it will weaken the metal a little and it may bend out of round quickly again.

• Weapon X

Posted April 20, 2009 - 05:36 PM

I use a hose clamp on mine and it looks clean if you put the bolt the right way and I'm very picky how my bike looks.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.