Specs on the WR400 and 426's...

1 reply to this topic
  • ColoradoXR

Posted March 03, 2003 - 07:16 AM

Well, it has been decided by forces beyond me that I cannot afford a new 450. So, I'm looking at buying a used 400 or 426. I'm trying to find out where I can find specs for 98-02. Also, can anyone tell me the main differences made between 98 through 02? What is the deal with the 98? You can find them pretty cheap, but should I spend more on a newer model? Are the wheels from the 98 that much more inferior? Didn't the 98 have starting issues that resulted in some modification in 99 that eased the problem somewhat?

HELP!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ZEKEDAWG

Posted March 03, 2003 - 07:38 AM

I just bought a 99 and as far as a starting issue on that particular model there is none. I have read enough here to know what to do but it is a non-issue every senario you could think of and it started so easily that it was ridiculous. I went throught the same debate, here in cal the 1998 and 1999 are green sticker I will registar mine this week and find out for sure.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.