KX250F Plastics and Seat on 2003 KLX300

3 replies to this topic
  • melotulomarsh

Posted April 18, 2009 - 08:59 AM

I have found an '03 KLX in great condition for $1900. I just hat the way it looks. I was wondering if there was any way to make it look like the KXF.

• klxd

Posted April 18, 2009 - 05:31 PM

Probably not without a lot of work. There was an article on PlanetKLX.com about a guy putting KX plastics and seat on a KLX. He had to make a tank. Using KXF parts can't be any easier.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoeds

Posted April 18, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Looking at it another way, I wonder how hard it would be to fit a KLX250/300 engine to a KXF250 (steel frame) rolling frame, this way you have the vertually indistructable KLX engine with the latest KXF suspension etc. Just a thought.:p

• diversproducts

Posted April 19, 2009 - 01:26 PM

I have found an '03 KLX in great condition for $1900. I just hat the way it looks. I was wondering if there was any way to make it look like the KXF.

you can put a mx fender on it from Maier and led taillight from Procycle or on fleabay and also an mx front number plate from a KX 100, all for prob less than $75. are those the parts you hate about it?

fyi. the stock performance is also nothing like the KXF. You'll need to sink some cash into a header, front springs and possibly valves, possibly new carb. just an FYI. search klx 300 on TT and start reading about popular(must have) mods.

Related Content

Reviews

Kawasaki KLX140 2013 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KLX140 2013
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Kawasaki KLX140 2012 by ThumperTalk

Kawasaki KLX140 2012
  • 1 review
  • Last review by s1berick
  • On July 11, 2014
Forums
Photo

I can't decide if I should use Kouba Links to lower my 2009 KLX 250S by dualsportmonkey

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KLX/KLR 125/140/250/300
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

KLX250s is bogging down when you hit the throttle. by NerdcoreROB

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   KLX/KLR 125/140/250/300
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Dual Sport? If so, Which one? by TiAg3er

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  26 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.