Will this Flywheel Puller Work?

8 replies to this topic
  • davcon

Posted April 18, 2009 - 07:14 AM

This puller has been kicking around for years. My dad used it for 2-Strokes. Ordered a GYTR 9 oz (backordered). Will it fit my 450?
It measures 27mm thread diameter and 1.0mm thread pitch. Thanks

Posted Image
Posted Image

• jimmydoorlocks

Posted April 18, 2009 - 09:44 PM

First: Clean up the treads on your puller and the threads on the flywheel. Then, try to thread it in with your hand and let us know. Who knows what tool that is, but if it threads in and doesn't damage anything, try it. If it won't thread in, it probably won't work.
Either way, it's $10 for a new one. :p

• davcon

Posted April 20, 2009 - 03:47 AM

First: Clean up the treads on your puller and the threads on the flywheel. Then, try to thread it in with your hand and let us know. Who knows what tool that is, but if it threads in and doesn't damage anything, try it. If it won't thread in, it probably won't work.
Either way, it's $10 for a new one. :p

Thanks for the reply. Poor choice of title on my part:banghead:. I meant will it fit? "It measures 27mm thread diameter and 1.0mm thread pitch". I thought Gray :lol: would be all over this.

• jimmydoorlocks

Posted April 20, 2009 - 05:03 AM

I don't think it will. A 27mm left hand thread will work on my 426, but it looks like an 08 450 needs: http://www.rockymoun...5#vehicleSelect

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 20, 2009 - 07:03 AM

You need one for a CRF 450. I bought mine from the TT store some time ago, and if you promise to not destroy it and pay shipping both ways I'd let you borrow it. When pulling the flywheel, the important thing to remember is to not thread the puller all the way on- leave a gap between the flywheel and the puller. It sounds stupid to mention this, but I'm not the only one that threaded the puller all the way on and couldn't figure out why my flywheel was so hard to pull :p

• WB450

Posted April 20, 2009 - 07:35 AM

Wrong puller for the YZ450.

• spark250

Posted April 20, 2009 - 07:49 AM

If you're not sure it will fit don't chance it. As mentioned earlier these pullers are like $10. Just buy one.

• grayracer513

Posted April 20, 2009 - 09:35 AM

No. Wrong gender. The '06+ needs an internally threaded puller, same one as the CRF450.

• davcon

Posted April 21, 2009 - 12:35 PM

Thanks all for the replies and cowboy for the generous offer. Now that I know it wont fit I'll buy the puller. Just hope the FWW comes in soon!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.