YZ timed Jetting advise

2 replies to this topic
  • darmino

Posted March 02, 2003 - 06:45 PM

Ok heres what I have, 2002 WR426 airbox lid off, YZ timed, gray wire removed, stock exhaust with insert removed, sometimes I run a baja design insert (only if I have to, about 70% of the time)Uni air filter. Fuel screw 2.5 out(The idle will not drop even if I back the fuel screw all the way out), stock jetting

My bike runs fine, but with the stock jetting am I missing out on some performance? I typically ride at between 1000-3000 FT, any advise?

:) Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted March 02, 2003 - 06:51 PM

2002 WR426 airbox lid off, YZ timed, gray wire removed, stock exhaust with insert removed.

Congratulations. You now own a WR with a YZ motor. Switch to stock YZ jetting, this is a great starting point, or just leapfrog directly to the jetting of another member w/ similar altitude and climate.

But the stock YZ jetting will be such a big improvement over where you are now I feel compelled to mention that.

In a few minutes someone will be recommending an ELN needle...

• Hick

Posted March 03, 2003 - 07:17 AM

In a few minutes someone will be recommending an ELN needle...

Or maybe not.

I guess everybody bought a 450 and is out torquing their flywheel nuts. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.