YZ IMS tank and seat

3 replies to this topic
  • John_B

Posted August 25, 2002 - 02:17 PM

I just purchased a YZ IMS tank and seat for my 2000 WR400 and one of the holes for the petcock tubes are too small. If I drill the one out it would be one big hole. Is this ok? Should I purchase a new petcock? I will end up purchasing a new gasket so it fits tighter. I wanted to check before I made a mistake. Please advise. Thanks

• RSA210

Posted August 25, 2002 - 04:02 PM

What tank did you get John?? My Ty Davis tank by IMS did'nt have that problem.If its just a small amount of material maybe a clean-up pass with a rat tailed file will solve your problem?? Plastic flashing from the mfg. process??? If not call IMS or someone else can assist?? Hope this helps.

Just re-read your post;you can enlarge the hole as long as it does not interfere with the bolt holes and your gasket covers the outside edges of your petcock.That should work fine.

[ August 25, 2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: RSA210 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CHris_PArks

Posted August 25, 2002 - 05:23 PM

my tank came with a new petcock, i hope your talking about the new one.

• John_B

Posted August 26, 2002 - 04:36 AM

I purchased it used from someone. The one hole is too small to allow the filter to enter the tank. When I take the filter off it goes in fine. So I think I can increase the diameter of the hole but the 2 holes are so close together if I enlarge the one it will end up being one hole. I will make sure the hole is smaller than the gasket. Maybe I will call IMS also. Thanks

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.