UTAH RIDERS or anyone else Moab/Hanksville ride

11 replies to this topic
  • h20ski

Posted March 02, 2003 - 04:55 PM


Here we go again. The trip planned for this weekend fell through. I was down there with out my bike this weekend and found out that we should have gone. Beautiful weather. Oh well. We are planning on going down to either Hanksville/Moab on the 14th - 16th of March. Any one want to hook up with us?


  • r1superstar

Posted March 03, 2003 - 07:34 AM


I would love to, but we already made plans last month to go in April 11-13. Perhaps you should go then.

  • h20ski

Posted March 06, 2003 - 03:46 PM


lets bump it up

  • gettingfaster

Posted March 07, 2003 - 10:14 AM


I’m interested. Are you guys ridding Friday? I've been looking for a excuse to take a day off from work. Also, If anyone wants to carpool from Denver, shoot me an email.

  • live_to_ride

Posted March 07, 2003 - 07:31 PM


Hey kevin- shoot me an e-mail. I might be able to go if you're not planning any riding that is too technical. I was just down in moab with the sage riders. It was a total BLAST! However, there were a couple of tricky rocks that I didn't care for. Coming down Pritchet canyon is about as hard as I want to try for now. Let me in on the details at onefastctd@hotmail.com Thanks
Chris :)

  • h20ski

Posted March 08, 2003 - 12:53 PM


To Chris and Gettingfaster,

You both and whoever you want to invite are welcome with our group. I would think that we would not get into too much techinical. My 15 year old is planning on going with us and he is OK in the way of riding. At this point we are planning on leaving Cache Valley (northern utah) about 3:00 a.m. Friday. That would put us down in Moab at about 9:00 a.m. We plan on riding all day and then finding a hotel. Saturday will be another all dayer. I myself plan on coming back Saturday night where the rest of the crew is planning on a quick Sunday morning ride and then leaving to come home. We will be rinding Gemini bridges one of the days. None of use have done this one. We have done Poision Spider mesa and found that to be pretty good with only a couple of challenging places.


Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h20ski

Posted March 09, 2003 - 03:27 AM


up she goes for more exposure

  • h20ski

Posted March 10, 2003 - 05:27 PM



  • ddialogue

Posted March 10, 2003 - 06:02 PM


If this trip you're planning was only one week later I would join you. We had a trip planned to hole in the rock the weekend of the 20th, 21st and 22nd but it has been cancelled due to snow in the region. How is Moab looking right now??

  • h20ski

Posted March 11, 2003 - 04:14 PM



The weather is looking like it will be in the high 60's to low 70's. We are having some trouble finding rooms for Friday night. They are having the Moab Marathon on Saturday. We may ride on Friday and then have to go back to Green river for a room. We will see though. You are welcome to hook up with us.

  • gettingfaster

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:09 AM


Guys, I wont be able to make it. I was trying to fit in a overnight trip around the "White Rim" trail in canyonlands as well. The first availible date they have is April 10th, so im going to postpone my trip till then.

Have great time!

  • ddialogue

Posted March 12, 2003 - 04:49 AM


Thanks for the invite. It looks like our trip to Moab for the weekend of 22-23 is on! Actually, we'll be riding the 20th, 21st and 22nd. I'm driving from Boise, Idaho so I'll stay the night in Salt Lake on the 19th and drive on to Moab the next morning. Have a great trip...we're looking forward to ours!! :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.