Missing jet in 09 WR450 Carb

5 replies to this topic
  • mashburnmotorsports

Posted April 17, 2009 - 05:12 AM

In the air box side of the carb is there suposed to be a jet on the circular housing. I know there is the one on the left the kit tells you not to mess with. The one on the right is where the question is? The GYTR ais kit came with 4 jets I only removed 3. Can any one help me with this before i call the dealer?

Mash

• Krannie McKranface

Posted April 17, 2009 - 05:42 AM

In the air box side of the carb is there suposed to be a jet on the circular housing. I know there is the one on the left the kit tells you not to mess with. The one on the right is where the question is? The GYTR ais kit came with 4 jets I only removed 3. Can any one help me with this before i call the dealer?

Mash

The left jet is the 'main air jet'. The right side is empty.

http://www.bikebandi...f-2008/o/m17154

• ranger85

Posted April 17, 2009 - 09:06 AM

I believe the one on the left if you're looking into the bell of the carb is actually the Pilot Air Jet. The one on the right that has no jet in it is called the Main Air Jet. The one on the right is where the GYTR AIS removal kit says to install a 110 Main Air Jet that comes with the kit. Do not touch the one on the left.

I'm not really sure why those schematics call the one on the left the Main jet, but it is the Pilot Air Jet, and the empty oriface on the right is the place where you put the main air jet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted April 17, 2009 - 12:35 PM

I believe the one on the left if you're looking into the bell of the carb is actually the Pilot Air Jet. The one on the right that has no jet in it is called the Main Air Jet. The one on the right is where the GYTR AIS removal kit says to install a 110 Main Air Jet that comes with the kit. Do not touch the one on the left.

I'm not really sure why those schematics call the one on the left the Main jet, but it is the Pilot Air Jet, and the empty oriface on the right is the place where you put the main air jet.

Now I'm totally confused! I wonder if the service manual makes it clearer. I'm going to look..............

• Demo_Slug

Posted April 17, 2009 - 10:15 PM

Now I'm totally confused! I wonder if the service manual makes it clearer. I'm going to look..............

the empty hole is for the main air jet. it is supposed to be empty. there is an internal orifice, ie the main air jet is set at the factory. you can screw in a smaller jet as in the AIS kit. or possibly drill it out if you want to go bigger.

but, JD told me that with the current emulsion tube's in this carb that the MAJ doesn't do much. :p

• Insane007

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi guys, I bought a WR 450 2008 in dec, and the guy i bought it from put a Yoshimura slip-on on the bike, but he never did the jetting on the carb, can anyone please tell me where i can find out what size jet i must put in ?
The bike is overfeuling big tym and has got a flat spot ...

Thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.