Should I do it?

4 replies to this topic
  • Terrain Rider 4z

Posted March 02, 2003 - 03:36 PM

I found a 2000 XR650R for sale locally with very low miles. Currently I ride an XR600R, and though big and heavy it does pretty well in the woods.

Is the 650R capable of chugging in the woods?

How much better is the 650R suspension?

The trails around here consist of mostly clay and rock, though I do enjoy blasting open desert a few times and year and more open hill climbs on the east side of the state.

A major motive to get this bike is the fact that it is 7 years newer than my 600 and should hold together pretty well for the next couple of years.

Opinion? Keep the 600 or invest another $1000-1200 and get the 650R? :)

• Rokatt88

Posted March 03, 2003 - 06:09 AM

Run, do not walk...and get that XR650R, my Pig Brother! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Moredesert

Posted March 03, 2003 - 08:31 AM

Get the 650! :) The suspension sucks like the 600 did. I loved my XR600 but the XR650R has more power, stronger built and pulls like a tractor.

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted March 03, 2003 - 11:51 AM

Well I finally got a hold of the seller and the bike was gone. I have been watching the price fall on it and it had finally gone from $3800 to $3100 obo. I guess that is what I get for waiting. I would like to get a 650 and DS it with the BD or Electrex kit. These local dual sport runs look fun.

Thanks guys and keep the opinions coming.

• bbarer

Posted March 07, 2003 - 09:56 AM

I have a 2000 for sale and was asking $3500 for it, I could be pursuaded to lower the price since I am in Mass and the bike will need to be shipped. Let me know if your interested ( The bike is in excellant shape and has Pro Tapers, Applied racing Top Clamp, Panoram Computer, Bark busters with shrouds, N-style seat and graphics, new tires, chain and sprockets..Let me know if you are interested.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.