94 cr250 power valve

5 replies to this topic
  • kizer1231

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:37 AM

I have my 94 cr250 apart right now because a friend said the motor was idling and it locked up while riding it but the piston exploded :lol: and now i am putting the bottom end in the frame so i was wanting to know about the power valve adjustment also i was wanting to know were i can get 1 used friction plate because only one in the basket was broke :p :lol: and i dont have money for a whole set right now i just want one so i can ride :cry: it till i get the money

• xylicon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:56 AM

You don't adjust the power valve on this bike. Just put it together and it works like its supposed to. Just make sure its all nice and clean when installing.

• kizer1231

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:52 AM

thanks:worthy: i will take it to my parts washer also do you know where i can get 1 used friction plate till i get the money to get the whole kit

• xylicon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

http://partsfinder.o...OEM/HondaDB.asp

• doodman

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:00 AM

If you open left side powervalva cover, looks like a disk with a bolt on it. after warming bike up, shut down, open cover, line in pin should point at the l above the cover. Start bike and rev, the line should move towards the h on the side of cover. If it does not, remove pv assembly and de carbonize.

• sonobob

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:02 AM

Hey guys, not trying to show off or be a smartass or anything, because xylicon is right...but there is a service note on the exhaust valve when disassembly is involved. Just thought I'd pass it along.
(I have these images in printer size also...if you need copies of those, PM me and I can send them)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2006 CR125 fork oil capacity by J.Tomasello

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

89CR250R - Stalls out when clutch is released (in first gear) by Rob_89

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

1996 cr80 big guy mods by Delaney686

• 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Spring Rebuild Pictorial by Fattonz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   Dirt Bike Pictures & Video
  • Hot  92 replies
Forums
Photo

Value of a clean 1986 cr250 by ulmanb

• Hot  46 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.