Air Box Question on 2007 wr450f

4 replies to this topic
  • bruceal

Posted April 15, 2009 - 03:33 AM

What is the best way to modify the air box on a 2007 wr450f? I have jetted the bike and installed a fmf slip-on exhaust, but I am not sure about cutting holes in the plastic air box. I have removed the snorkels. Thank you.

• stevenacarter77

Posted April 15, 2009 - 05:30 AM

did you take the snorkels base plate off of the air box ? also are you going to install a hi flow air cleaner like a uni ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 15, 2009 - 05:37 AM

Once the snorkle and retaining plate is removed, the plastic mounting rectangal can come out too, lift up the batter to see the mounting screws.

• bruceal

Posted April 16, 2009 - 03:09 AM

OK, great I will give that a try.

• WR450FGreg

Posted April 16, 2009 - 03:25 AM

I seem to remember Ballards (internationally renowned Australian enduro gurus) recommending three or four 20mm diameter holes be drilled in the bottom of the airbox after the snorkel was removed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.