New 2008 yz450f

33 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted April 14, 2009 - 08:23 PM

Derek,

Here's my point: Let's say I find a bike in Kentucky for $4700 OTD, and I get a good deal on shipping that puts it here for $300 more. The Cal DMV is going to ding me for another $364 plus $30 for registration, so I'll be looking at right about $5400 my cost. If you go back and look at the rest of the thread, you'll see that California guys can beat that locally.

• nickeenoo

Posted April 15, 2009 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the info Nate. I will give those guys a call tomorrow. Where do you normally ride at?

Mostly out in Warner Valley and Fort Pierce. We hit the dunes and Washington Dam as well. If I'm lucky I can get some guys to head to the track in Mesquite. Your welcome to join us anytime; the more the merrier.

Where do you ride?

• mab01

Posted April 15, 2009 - 12:43 PM

Mostly out in Warner Valley and Fort Pierce. We hit the dunes and Washington Dam as well. If I'm lucky I can get some guys to head to the track in Mesquite. Your welcome to join us anytime; the more the merrier.

Where do you ride?

Same places. The guys I ride with have been known to head out to Santa Clara every once in a while for some single track. Have you ever rode the toquerville twister single track?

• nickeenoo

Posted April 15, 2009 - 06:25 PM

I've got a buddy who has tried to get me to go several times to the twister but the scheduling never seemed to work. Soon enough I will though. If your ever in need of someone to ride with let me know. Just shoot me a PM.

Also, I grew up in Delta and make several trips there and back to see the grandparents. If you end up buying a bike there and need it picked up let me know and I'm sure we could work something out.

Nate

• fosbibr

Posted April 16, 2009 - 07:02 AM

$4900 about a six weeks ago here in colorado.

• live4speed

Posted April 17, 2009 - 08:04 AM

were you trying to trade? sometimes they wont give you the "sale" price if you are trying to trade...

• mab01

Posted April 17, 2009 - 07:18 PM

were you trying to trade? sometimes they wont give you the "sale" price if you are trying to trade...

No trade. That is the out the door price they offered, they told me that they were already loosing money on the bike at that price. The best part was the manager gave me this spill after I told him I was going to shop around about the bad economy. I quote him, "How is the economy ever going to get better if everyone is always looking for a better deal?" My thoughts are...Isn't America based on a free market where we are allowed and privileged to go out and find a better deal or price. I had to laugh at his last ditch effort to get me to commit to his overly priced leftover bike. I also laughed when he told me that if I bought the left over 06 yz450f he would knock another 400 off the price!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BIGDUST31

Posted April 17, 2009 - 07:39 PM

Bought a 08 with about 2 hours on it and looks brand new. I work at a yamaha dealer and a guy came in with it all torn down with the all famous broken weld on the frame and was trying to fix it. He didn't want to mess with it or pay for a new frame. I gave him 1300 cash I got the bike and title and bought a brand new frame on eBay for 500 with a title. Had to buy a few missing pieces so I guess total about 2 grand and I got a bike. Eveyone at work hates me for getting such a smoking deal!!

• mab01

Posted April 20, 2009 - 03:18 PM

Will my search is over. I picked up an 09 yz450f for $6,500 OTD today up in Cedar City. I would have to say that was the best dealer experience I have had so far. I would buy from them again for sure. By the way, the local dealer here in town decided at the last minute that they could sell me the same bike for the same price. I told them no, that I was tired of getting jerked around. Last week they told me the absolute lowest they could go OTD on an 08 was $6,900. I think that can be considered jerking with me. I think I am done doing business with them.

• yzfmxer

Posted April 20, 2009 - 03:51 PM

$4994 otd at Abernathy's in Union City TN. $5594 otd for an 09.

$5594 OTD for an 09? are you serious? MSRP is $7300

• MxWFO

Posted April 23, 2009 - 07:36 AM

Yes that is correct. Except I was actally off they want $5544. Here is a link to abernathycycles.com.
http://www.abernathy...esc=Motorcycles

• CodySmith392

Posted April 28, 2009 - 01:58 PM

4599.00 from honda east in ohio before taxes. about 5100.00 otd.

• yzmoto124

Posted June 06, 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hey guys, just bought a new 2008 YZ450F in Suprise, AZ for $5750 OTD
They have 2 left. They do not have any 2009 models at all. In fact, it seems that 2009 YZ450F's seem to be pretty scarce in the Greater Phoenix area.

• BaileyAZ

Posted June 10, 2009 - 03:14 PM

$5100 OTD for a white 2008 today at YSA on Cave Creek and Bell. They have three left.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.