Lord help me, sometimes I'm just not that bright - Part II

7 replies to this topic
  • Dodger

Posted August 23, 2002 - 05:03 AM

Dang, This is becomming a weekly thing..... I may need more help than I thought :D !

This is just a quick "Friday Good Humor" post for those who are fairly new at tinkering with these carbs. I was cleaning and specing my carb last night (it was filthy inside!!), and was noticing what appeared to be a slight varnish film on the carb plate, engine side. Me being an absolute genius, I deceided to check the slider action to see if it seemed as gummed up as it looked. With a sharp eye on the carb plate throught the throat, I proceeded to twist the throttle wheele to actuate the slider to check the action...............Anyone want to take guess as to what I experienced at this point..........anyone, anyone????

How about a perfect stream of gas centered on the pupil of my right eye :) :D !!! Awwh yeah, super big brain here, well thought out through for sure. Anyways, a good 5 minutes of washing and the sting went away, and I was able to complete the task at hand.

So, just another lesson learned on really thinking though one's actions, take heed people, or next time it could be you :D !

The one, the only, Dodger :D :D

[ August 23, 2002, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Dodger ]

• cnacc

Posted August 23, 2002 - 05:21 AM

Dodger, Thats what happens when you live in the republic of Boulder for to long. I think it's from the haze off of all the burning couches or something. :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted August 23, 2002 - 05:29 AM

Thanks Dodger. :)

I diddn't think anything could put a smile on my face today. Being stuck in the office and all...

• needsprayer

Posted August 23, 2002 - 06:56 AM

You weren't drinking those "The Mountain Sun's" Colorado KIND ALE!!!!!!! before undertaking this task were you? :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted August 23, 2002 - 07:20 AM

Well, uuuhhh.......I thought you were supposed to prime yourself before taking on tasks such as this :) ............Isn't it kinda like the accelerator pump???

Dodger :D :D

• acarter920

Posted August 23, 2002 - 12:33 PM

LOL!!! That is too funny. I do stuff like that every day...

Did you at least time the squirt while it was hitting your eye to make sure you arent rich? hehe

• Taffy

Posted August 24, 2002 - 03:16 AM

and i thought i was the only one... :) :D

• wrsm

Posted August 24, 2002 - 03:39 AM

You need to do the BK mod -
that sting should go away in 3 minutes, not 5 - its far too rich :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.