yz 400 Question ( Chain )

No replies to this topic
  • jay3and88

Posted April 14, 2009 - 06:51 AM

Hello all, I had some trouble with my bike and thought someone will have some more info,

Out the other day and the bike ran great for a few hours, 2/3rds of the way back to the truck I let off the throttle to go through a dip in the trail and when I got back on, it was bogging real bad for about 30 seconds then died.
I have come to the conclusion that the timming chain has probably skipped a tooth or two on the crank as the chain was a bit noisey to begin with, I have ordered the new chain and will take the bike apart this week to confirm that it no longer has proper timming.

Has this ever happened to anyone before and are there some other area's that I should be looking at while I make this repair. I have searched the site for the same problem and have gotten some info that has helped but more the better.

Thanks for any reply I get with this,

Jay

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.